I have mentioned here that lately, life is complicated. I'm doing lots of sorting out and evaluating and deciding and understanding and learning. Things are changing, which is not a bad outcome. Just ... well.. complicated. Transitions generally are. So please forgive what are likely to be continued gaps while I sort how my new life will look. I see light ahead and I know I am moving toward something peaceful, and that is a good thing.
This morning I was reading blogs (oh, how I love the Flipboard app on my Ipad) with my morning coffee, and I came across one in which a life-coach sort of fellow brought up the subject of analyzing his life in terms of the non-negotiables. And that got me thinking: what in my day to day life is non-negotiable, in terms of how I spend my time and where I put my priorities?
Here's where I am so far:
1. Taking care of my daughter -- making sure she is well and happy and emotionally supported
2. Feeling good about my living space
3. Being connected to family and friends
4. Feeling hope -- looking forward to something each day, however small
5. Reading -- I need to read like I need to breathe.
6. Doing something creative.
I undoubtedly could come up with more the longer I think about this.
Thinking of "non-negotiables" applies to all sorts of aspects of our lives, now that I think about it. Values. Qualities in a relationship. Requirements for life-work.
But for the day to day, priority of activity, what is your non-negotiable list?