Thursday, April 20, 2006

Finally finished!



I'm finally done with this! The title (until I think of a better one) is "View from Above: Healdsburg."

Considering that this was an experiment with working out a way to do reverse applique topographical images, I'm very happy with it. I'm already planning the next one (ooh! a series!) and having stumbled through this, I think I'll be able to make a few things easier next time.

I had a great time quilting topographical map-ish lines on it. Here are a few detail shots:


detail1


And, just in case you're interested, my binding movie this morning was The Constant Gardener, which was wonderful (but it slowed me down, having so much interesting imagery and photography...not the best movie for just listening!)

I was looking forward to going to my guild meeting this morning but woke up with a bad sore throat and achey feeling that means I'm getting the cold Caroline has had. So, I stayed home to be silent and to keep dosing myself with Airborne.

Hey, maybe I should call this Airborne: Healdsburg!

7 comments :

  1. I think you should call it "Airborn: Healdsburg"! That's a great name! Cool quilt too.

    I haven't seen The Constant Gardener yet, but I really want to. I've been hearing good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon. Love your contour lines ! Mapping Healdsburg, or putting Healdsburg on the map!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper! I love it. You did a fantastic job - the quilting really adds to the overall theme! What is next? - Tahoe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love maps (an affliction that I share with my dearly departed father in law) so it stands to reason that I love the topographical details of your latest quilt, no matter what you call it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh this is so wonderful and abstract.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant. I just love it. Amazing colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is really great! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete