Wednesday, May 10, 2006

And now back to normal life...

Do you recognize this picture?



Here's a hint: it's in California. (Blue skies, palm tree...you probably figured that right?)
.

.

.

Anyone who went to 4th grade in California can probably tell you that it's a California mission. It's Mission Santa Clara de Asis, in fact, situated on the campus of the University of Santa Clara.

And why is it HERE, you ask? Well, the 4th grade reports and models of their missions are due this friday. So, that's what's been going on at our house! Caroline has built a stunning styrofoam model of Mission Santa Clara and she is finishing up her report on the mission. After school today I will be doing the usual mom-hovering, trying to make sure it's done to decent standards while trying not to impose my artistic and academic sensibilities. This business of letting your kid do her own work is harder than you'd think, sometimes.

But thank you all for the supportive emails in response to my silence and then my post yesterday. It's been a rough week around here!

Things are looking up! I got a solid 8 hours of sleep last night, and then I was able to enjoy my morning coffee with an old episode of the Gilmore Girls (a definite indulgence). I took Gemma for a morning romp with our neighbor dog Sadie, I cleaned my desk, I did a load of laundry, and now I'm back at the computer ready to revise and edit yet another pleading.

I am woman, hear me roar! (And whimper, occasionally...)

2 comments :

  1. Oh boy, does this ever bring back memories!! Glad to hear you survived the week - I knew you would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post a pic of her styrofoam mission!!!

    ReplyDelete