Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thank you

I just wanted to thank all of you for your very warm and kind emails about my daughter's school. I've been so touched by your concern for our wellbeing. Having your life affected by a major fire is a huge thing, of course, and having my daughter's school destroyed by fire has been shocking and unsettling. It does make you realize how, for families with school-aged kids, the school itself is a central element of our lives. And when a big disaster befalls the school, it affects everyone.

School is suspended for the week, if not longer. I've been impressed and charmed at how quickly the 6th grade kids (mindful of their roles as the "senior" students) are rallying with ideas and ways to help the younger kids cope.

Anyway, it's been a huge event, and I really do appreciate your emails and comments with concern and support.

No comments :

Post a Comment