Friday, November 16, 2007

Bali Browns



Not a whole lot of fun stuff going on around here lately. The picture shows the only sewing I've done lately, in dribs and drabs. My MIL, who used to travel a lot, gave me some pieces of batik fabric from Bali some months ago. I figured it'd be a good daughter-in-law thing to do to make her a lap quilt using them. I opted for triangles after seeing one somewhere that stuck in my mind, so I cut and arranged and I've been connecting triangles together in odd moment. I'm not big on brown, and I'm finding that sewing this just isn't very cheery. Ah well. I know Roger's mom will love it and I'm enjoying knowing that this will really surprise her.

Meanwhile, I've been busy with work and family (checking out a new middle school for C next year) and the usual household stuff.

Maybe it's the weather, or maybe it's a swing of the menopausal pendulum from insomnia to constant lethargy and sleepiness, but all I want to do is lie around and read. And I'm not talking about legal journals. I want chick lit and mindless mysteries and goofy romances.

6 comments :

  1. Anonymous11:47 PM

    I have a love for browns lately. In clothing, home decor and quilts. I was excited about chocolate for that reason. Give in to your lethargy — it will soon pass!! This is going to be a lovely lap quilt. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those browns. Know what you mean about working with someone else's colors, but it's always worth it when the gift is received!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, but that's a chocolate quilt!
    I'm a bit lethargic at the moment too... fighting the flu, reading Ken Follett, and sewing traditional blocks... must be the season. No worries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're practicing up for the chocolate challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you might be surprised when you finish the quilt, because I think it is very rich. Rich like chocolate, which you may be deficit in - it is a natural mood lifter - at least that's what I tell myself. Curl up with some chick lit and enjoy the weekend. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love browns too but my advice is stick a bit of lime-ish green in - POW!! And as for reading.. I have a suprise day off tomorrow and you have given me an idea... curled up, hot choc in mug under a quilt book in hand...mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete