Thursday, July 01, 2010

Purple and Yellow together


Using complementary colors together can produce exciting effects -- and that was the seed of our challenge this round in our 12x12 "color play" challenge.  We were charged with using purple and yellow.  Click on over to the 12x2 blog: today is reveal day and it's wonderful to see what everyone did!

Me, I hemmed and hawed for a while as I wasn't coming up with any ideas right away. But eventually I started thinking about the simple #2 yellow pencil, and how much a part of my life it has been -- through school, required for tests, a new batch symbolic of the new school year, etc.  And that's what led to my piece.

What would you do if you had to use purple and yellow in a piece?

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous2:16 AM

    I like the clear lines in this and think the colours are perfect. I'm not sure how I'd use purple and yellow together without the help of other colours to ease the contrast..probably I'd go for a deep rich midnight purple and a warm golden quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold. Now that's what you call precise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with your originality and execution of your idea.
    Of course it brings back the feelings of the first day of school each year long long ago!
    I have done a purple and yellow quilt in my Gradual Gradations series. When I made it I though where could anyone use this?
    Well it hangs in my living room and the room would be naked without it!

    ReplyDelete