Sunday, July 24, 2011

UK here we come

We are getting ready to travel to the UK this coming week, for a fun and friend-filled vacation.  We'll have a grand time visiting our friends Helen and Dennis and touring Northern England, and then at the end will be the quilty excitement of the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, England. All 144 of the 12x12 quilts will be exhibited.  I can hardly wait and have been busy getting ready for our big UK adventure.

To that end, I've done a bit of shopping, and have been tempted by these goodies, if for no other reason than to torment Helen who is already wincing about the Royal Wedding pay-as-you-go cellphone I will be using there.

Comfy walking shoes?  Check.

Some extra warmth for layers? Check.


A good carry-on bag for the plane? Check.


Something casual and stylish for daytime wear? Check.


A hat, in case of inclement weather and/or bad hair day? Check.


A stylish handbag?


I'm confident I'll blend right in with the locals. They won't even know I'm a tourist, I'm sure.

7 comments :

  1. ROTFLMAO!!! Nah, they won't have a clue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll blend right in for sure!
    I hope you'll have a wonderful trip. I decided against going to Birmingham this year, and now I regret it of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Now that is some serious Brit shopping! Please post a picture of you all decked out. :o) My favorite: the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROTFLMAO! Oh Yeah you'll fit right in especially with the casual shirt, hat and bag! They'll never suspect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you're going overboard at all....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Say hi to Helen and our quilts for me, and have a jolly good time! You'll have to save a few pounds for brit themed goodies while you're there too -- just to annoy Helen in person. ;-)

    ReplyDelete