Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Driving by Number


Today is reveal day for us over at Twelve by Twelve.  For 2012, we are using 20x12 as our challenge size and the theme this time around was "map."

In making my piece, I found myself thinking about my experience with California freeways over my life, and so this is my response.  I had a great time making it.  You can read more about what inspired this quilt, and see the 11 other map-inspired pieces here.

Oh!  And I'm the featured artist over on the Dinner @ 8 blog!  You can read my interview here! 

2 comments :

  1. This is my favorite of all the map 12 x 12's. I guess maybe because I'm a California girl too, and I get the freeways! And we do say "the 5", "the 805", "the 8" etc. here in SoCal. I also loved that you wrote the names of the freeways. No one should ever take the "San Diego Freeway" in LA and expect to get to San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your map is wonderful. I remember the freeway names. Now I don't know one from another.

    ReplyDelete