Sunday, April 07, 2013

Catching Up on This and That

I seem to have lost my blogging rhythm.  Where did it go?  Well, I will settle back in at some point.  Perhaps I need to set myself a schedule. Or not.  See? I can't even commit to the idea of a schedule.  I figure that this period of my life is about finding New Normal, so you'll just have to bear with me.

So far, New Normal has involved reconnecting with some friends, which has been lovely.  I've picked up my ink pen and paintbrush and I'm getting reacquainted with how it feels to look and see and draw and paint. Online classes with Jane LaFazio and Val Webb have provided great inspiration and instruction -- not to mention some deadlines to push me forward.



New Normal meant getting back into my sewing room to make a new art quilt too.  Yee haw!  That felt good!  I'm afraid I can't show it to you, as it is for an exhibit which prevents publication before a certain point, but here's one of the several inspiration photos that led to the piece I made.
 


I've been reading a lot, too -- we've had some gray rainy days that required just curling up on the couch with the novel du jour. Some of the better books I've read are:





Cover of Snow by Jenny Milchman, and


The Tragedy of Arthur, by Arthur Phillips. 

Of course, there has been real life work, and household stuff, and the homeschooling adventure... but I feel like I'm starting to feel like ME again. 

3 comments :

  1. Oh Diane, I'm so happy to hear the old you! I so enjoy seeing your posts and drawings. Can't wait to see the piece that you are working on for exhibit. Your post gives me hope that the funk I'm currently in will evaporate even if it is ever so slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad.... I remember being in the thick of it all and asking when life would return to 'normal'. The answer was one I initially rejected, but have since learned was very wise: this IS normal.... because change is the only constant there is. What makes it normal is accepting and growing when what we want to do is pull the blanket over our heads. You have done the former, and each time we do that, accepting change becomes easier.
    Hugs to you, and thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:51 AM

    Hi, My blog is in compliance witht he rules for joining Artful Quilters Blog Ring.
    Cheers!
    Franki

    ReplyDelete