Thursday, January 06, 2005

Back to Quilting, Again

This blog thing is taking up an amazing amount of time. But I'm reminding myself (here, in front of you all) that the point of starting this was to track my quilting and creative process. Sure, it's fun to talk about other stuff, but the point isn't blogging...it's making quilts. I seem to have forgotten that lately.

So, my goal is to spend some time every day, even a small bit, doing something that moves me forward as a quilt artist.

Yesterday, (well, today, really, as I haven't gone to bed yet) I set up the Artful Quilters Web Ring. This may turn into a beast, but I like the idea of connecting those of us art quilters who are blogging. We're no competition for the knitters, but they're inspirational! (I want to knit after reading a few of the great knitting blogs, so maybe reading quilters' blogs will push me back into my studio!)

I expect it will be tiny at first, but heck, it's worth a try. C'mon in!

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous10:35 PM

    Thank you so much Diane for starting the Artful Quilters Ring. I have just finished "surfing" the websites on it and enjoyed the writing of these fellow quilters. I am awed by the different styles of quilting everyone shares on their blogs and admire as they juggle their lives and their creative works.

    Kind Regards,

    Junott

    ReplyDelete