Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Great Mail

Coming home from vacation can seem like a bit of a let-down, even while it's also enjoyable to return to one's own home and bed and happy pets. But the post-vacation depression can be greatly diminished by finding some fun goodies in the mail when you return.

Look what was waiting for me!



Doesn't this look luscious? This book has great tips for getting really beautiful results from scrunching fabric on flat surfaces. You can order it from Jane Dunnewold's Artcloth store, here. I can't wait to experiment with these techniques.

And because I've been experimenting on the quilting frame, I ordered these from fellow Artful Quilter Patsy Thompson:



I've watched Volume 1 so far, and it has great machine quilting tips. This has great tips for new machine quilters, as well as some great hints for developing your own quilting designs for experienced quilters.

And then there's the etch-a-sketch present for Roger:



As soon as he opened it and skimmed through it, he made Pomegranate margaritas for us. Delish.

I guess the lesson here is that it's a good idea to do a bit of online shopping before vacation, eh?!

No comments :

Post a Comment