Friday, April 25, 2008

Into the Valley of Aching Muscles



I don't think I've ever been so tired in my life.

I have spent the past 4 days in Yosemite with Caroline's 6th grade class. On the bright side, Yosemite is amazing and beautiful and awe-inspiring.



We slept in these tent cabins which, by the way, are not heated (and it got down into the 20's every night.) I shared a cabin with 3 other moms -- the kids slept four to a tent. The sleeping/showering/bathroom situation was one of the not-so-bright-side things. If I'm gonna camp and sleep in a moldy, dirty tent cabin, I'd at least rather do it with friends and/or family.

The days were filled with long hikes for kids and grown-ups alike. I have sore muscles in places I didn't even know I had muscles.



The views were stunning.



But I don't think any view made me as happy as the sight of our house when we arrived home.

1 comment :

  1. Brings back memories of 30 years ago when I went with Lisa. I was probably 10 years younger than you and it was a little easier to manage!! I had a wonderful time. We spent half the time on the valley floor and half the time up in the snow, doing snow shoeing and cross country skiing.

    ReplyDelete