I've made some good progress on the fuchsias. You might remember I was bugged by a dramatic line in the lower right corner, between the quilt block part and the solid background. Yesterday, I got out my acrylic paints and painted in some shapes. I'm much happier with it now, even though I did manage to get a green blob of paint on the shoulder of my shirt when I put the paintbrush in my mouth briefly (so as NOT to get the paint on the quilt, of course), then turned my head and, as a result, jammed the paint end of the brush into my shoulder. Sigh. I am not a tidy artist.
Last evening, my Juki and I applied quilting, leaving the lattice strips unquilted. I'm liking the result and will decide whether the quilting is done after I've had a chance to look at it more carefully.
I can't even say how delighted I am to have moved this piece to this stage. I have had it on my mind for so long-- years, in fact -- wondering where to go from the bare fuschia blossoms I'd gotten done to that point. So it feels like all that mulling and waiting was worthwhile, because I never would have gone in this direction if I'd pushed myself to finish it back then.