Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday Mis-steps

So, I spent last evening writing a long post listing the best books I've read over the last year, including plot summaries and links... And inexplicably, my computer shut down just as I reached the end. No worry, I thought -- Blogger does that auto save thing now! But when I rebooted, there was no saved message. It's disappeared. Rats rats rats. (That was not exactly what I said at the time.)

This morning, having awakened extra early for no apparent reason, I headed out to the health club to try out a Vinyasa Yoga class. And I remembered what it is I conclude every time I take a yoga class (every 5 years or so): I DON'T LIKE YOGA! I find it boring, frankly. I'd rather be jumping around and sweating and hurting than lying still in some pose and hurting.

After both of those experiences, I think I deserve a morning of quilt fun, don't you?

5 comments :

  1. Oh, I *hate* when that happens! Sometimes I think there's a little person inside our computers that's just waiting for the worst time to shut us down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate hate hate that too. But I do like yoga!And yes - quilt fun is definately deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rats! I hope you recreate it. I would be very interested. And I hate yoga for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only part of yoga that I really like is that part at the end where you lay still and let all the tension drain out of the ends of your fingertips. Mmmmmm. Oh, and confess I am a child and am always a little amused by that pose where you pull your knees up to your chest and half the class farts. Otherwise, yes, yoga is a bore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try kickboxing -- especially after crappy computer experiences.

    ReplyDelete