I have spent some time this weekend working on quilting my contemporary double wedding quilt, which looks like this:
Well, the top seemed nice and flat at the ironing board...but in the sandwiching process, I discovered that -- probably due to all those curves and biases -- the top wasn't as flat as it should be. Still, I forged ahead... when in doubt, keep going. That's my motto, which does not always serve me well.
I ditch-stitched around the circles. Egad...it REALLY isn't flat. So, I've done tight stippling all over the blue background, and have decided to put my faith in the miracles that a good, damp blocking can work. I will block it tomorrow, flatten out (I hope) the somewhat puffy rings, and THEN add minimal quilting to them.
Wish me luck. I'm pinning my hopes on a miracle blocking experience.