Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What nice teeth you have...



This sort of sums up my day yesterday.

I spent much of the day, from about 11:30 am until about 5:30 pm, in the dentist chair. My dentist took me at my word when I asked if I could just be sedated and have him fix everything at once before I get braces...so, yesterday was all of the work on the left side of my mouth. He replaced old fillings, prepared for 2 crowns, and removed a tooth to make room for my crowded front teeth to be gently (?) adjusted via orthodontia into straight, lovely teeth.

I came home heavily drugged, slept, and today am remaining pleasantly spacy on pain medication.

I am having interesting dreams, including one in which I learned that my mother decided to grow marijuana plants in her backyard, and another in which I found myself driving around in a VW bug with Niles Crane. Go figure.

I'm not operating heavy machinery, or even light machinery, today, so no sewing for me.

I am, however, contemplating a tooth-themed quilt!

6 comments:

Elle said...

Ohmigoodness Diane, what a trip to the dentist! Your dreams had me cracking up though!

Gerrie said...

Niles Crane? I would have been driving around with George Clooney!! Hope you are up to operating heavy equipment by Friday!! And, I love the illustration.

teri springer said...

Niles Crane!!?? Honey...we need to work on your dream life!!!

So, when is round 2?

teri

Caitlin said...

Congrats on getting through this round The Scary Dentist Thang... *shudder* I'm sure it will all be worth it!

But - Niles CRANE?? As in FRASIER?? Um? Must be something I'm just not seeing...

but then, I think Daphne is just the best character on that show!

Diane said...

Hey, it wasn't a *romantic* dream about Niles Crane...he was just, well, THERE.

Rayna said...

Who is Niles Crane?