I've been working on my muslin challenge today, and here's a peek.
You remember? This is the challenge where the only fabric we can use is muslin. I gave myself several goals with this project. I wanted to experiment with painting with Tsukineko inks, which I'd never used before. I wanted my piece to have a bit of color, but a lot of exposed muslin with the design in threadwork. And (doubling up on challenges, here) I decided to make a Eucalyptus related quilt, as the Eucalyptus tree one aspect of inspiration in my design workshop.
This isn't the greatest picture, but I was trying to show the dense linear background quilting done in muslin-colored thread. I've discovered that quilting in off-white thread on muslin creates a lot of texture but it's pretty invisible.
Anyway, quilting is done, and it's now blocking on my design wall.