Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ho ho ho

Making a list (of things to do before the 25th)
Checking it twice (because I don't want to have to go back to the grocery store AGAIN)
Gonna find out who's naughty and nice (and boy, are they driving me crazy around here)
Santa Claus is coming to town (except Santa is a sore subject now that a certain teen has decided to be mad at us that we lied to her about Santa all those years)

But I'm taking a deep breath, gazing at the twinkly lights that make me feel happy and holidayish, and I'll keep moving.  As soon as we get to Dec. 24, the relaxing and fun REALLY starts.

Ho ho ho.

1 comment :

  1. Santa is so complicated. When my daughter was quite young she came in one day and said, "I wish I could be as good as Kristin" (her best friend who lived across the street) Seems Kristin had gotten an amazing boatload of gifts from Santa and Em had gotten, IMO, a reasonable number. She concluded it was because Kristin was "better". I had to explain, as gently as I could, that it was NOT because Kristin was better, it was because the family had a ton of money and her mother was an obsessive shopper. Later in life, as a teenager, in fact, Em was mad at me for bursting her bubble about Santa at too early an age. Sigh. You can't win when it comes to Santa.

    ReplyDelete