Sunday, December 26, 2010

Keep Calm


The charming slogan on this print (a free online printable from Jessica at Craftily Ever After) has been my mantra over the last busy but fun days.  Those last few days before Christmas are always a rush, no matter how prepared I think I am.  But I am learning to roll with it, and I found myself humming and singing to myself as I baked and cleaned and wrapped and got everything ready for the festive onslaught.  And it call came off beautifully, a lovely Christmas with friends and family and good food and much laughter.

We have spent all day today in our jammies, reading, napping, playing new games, nibbling on leftovers. Perfect and relaxing.  Tomorrow, my objective is to get dressed.   Maybe I'll summon the energy.

3 comments :

  1. That sounds like a perfect slogan for the last days before Christmas!
    I wish I were in my PJs today, but sadly, I am at work :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need the down time at the end of the year! I watched two movies on netflix yesterday and played games on my iPad. I also did some sketching for the eggplant quilt. Today, I think I will try to accomplish something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sign! Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete