Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ticket to Ride, um, I mean, Embroider


I have a whole list of things I was supposed to be doing this morning.  But Roger, who was totally supportive of my getting the Bernina 830, happened to mention that he'd love a Beatles baseball cap, and I decided that was more important.  So I detoured for a while to investigate Beatles-related embroidery designs, and then figured out how to use the hat-hoop for the machine, and voila.... A Beatles baseball cap! I was going to save it and tuck it into Roger's Christmas stocking, but then I got so excited watching it stitch that I had to bring him in to show him -- and this way, he can wear it to show it off to his brother when we see him for dinner tomorrow night.  We both sat there grinning while it stitched out.  We are easily entertained, I guess.

He doesn't know that I have another Beatles image already in my files, and I'm waiting for the arrival of a blank black cap ... so maybe I'll be able to produce another surprise Beatles cap by Christmas.

Meanwhile, he hasn't taken if off since it came off of the machine!


4 comments :

  1. Swoon-- I love a man in a Beatles cap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it....
    Now I'm lusting over your machine!
    I have to discipline myself first; machine second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cool! And I can totally see the two of you engrossed in watching the machine do it's thing.

    ReplyDelete