Thursday, April 07, 2011

And now I wait...


I had an unexpectedly open morning, so I took the opportunity to play a bit with something I've been wanting to do.  I've been laying out masking tape on fabric ...


and I've stencilled in color using Shiva Painstiks.  This has not only been fun and relaxing -- it's also been feasible with minimal input from the left hand, which is still surprisingly sore.

I was thinking how much fun I'd have machine quilting when all of the color was added, but then I started thinking about how these paintstiks have to cure ... so I looked it up.  And they are supposed to cure for 3 to 5 days! 

Darn.  So much for an instant gratification sort of project.

3 comments :

  1. I love this idea! and maybe by the time the paint sticks are cured you're hand will be back in action - I can't wait to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO! what a neat idea! Like the chartreuse and blue together. Are you gonna leave the tape?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I saw a similar effect in the crayon tutorial at 3 creative studios
    http://3creativestudios.com/freeprojects/tom/crayon_TOM.pdf. I can't wait to see your quilting

    ReplyDelete