Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just Holding On



I took this picture in the backyard the other morning, loving how one vine had reached over to hold onto the tendril next to it. And when I was thinking about how, for some strange reason, I feel like I've been having trouble holding onto all of the bits and pieces of my life these days, I thought of this picture.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why I've been feeling so scattered. I mean, there's the usual stuff of daily life: ferrying Caroline to and from activities, trying to get work done, keeping the house clutter to a reasonable state, throwing a load of laundry in from time to time.... And we've all had colds here over the past two weeks, that hasn't helped... But somehow, I'm not managing to get time for quilting, or getting together with friends, or making it to a quilt guild meeting now and then, or doing a bunch of things that are important and fun and I've managed to make time for before now.

At any rate, my goal -- starting now -- is to remember what's important in terms of quality of life and DO THAT STUFF. Yes, work and laundry and such have to get done, but still.

And when I'll be doing that fun stuff? I'll try to blog about it, too. Things have been a little sparse here, I know.

With that said, I'm going to go get to work on a an idea for a quilt that's been haunting me for a while now. No time like the present, eh?!

4 comments :

  1. I wondered what you were up to! I just told Mr C that there are not enough hours in the day to do every thing I want to do after I have done every thing I have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for quilt inspiration - look no further than your picture. Wouldn't that make an awesome quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome picture!
    Tess
    Check out our fantastic contest for moms-found at Reviewing Mama section!

    ReplyDelete