Friday, May 01, 2009

Birdsong



As long as we're talking about quilting (!) , here's another small quilt I made a few weeks ago. Our assignment in Practical Design was to make something with a horizontal composition and a monochromatic color scheme.

It just goes to show you what you can do on a random Sunday. I was feeling the pressure of the looming deadline, so I started doodling -- and the branch and birds appeared. I drew that on fabric, and just designed around it. Very simple, and although I tried adding various bits, I always took it back to this simple piece.

So it was fast, and fun, and freeing.

I tell you, I just need to play more ... which I suppose means keeping the worktable clear enough to play on...

8 comments :

  1. Love it!! Yes, play more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--this is great. Play more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one. It's very good design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little birdies. Just goes to show that simple is sometimes best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still in love with bird imagery. Really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this a lot!

    ReplyDelete