Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where does the time go?



My mornings always seem to disappear. How does that happen?

I get up, shower, have coffee, and make my plan. I'll get some laundry done. I'll fill a bag with stuff for donation or disposal (I'm on a one-a-day Purge of Stuff around here), and I'll do chores and then get started on a quilting project. I have plans! I'm ready to go! So, I go upstairs and wake Miss C, get the dog out for a romp in the yard or a walk around the neighborhood... I check my email, post my daily flickr picture... I'll do a bit of work (jumping up to transfer laundry around); I'll answer a phone call or two... I'll get Miss C squared away with her lessons for the day...

But wait, somehow, it's late morning, or almost lunchtime.

How DOES that happen?

Today, Miss C awakened with a migraine. Wednesdays seem to be a migraine day, for some reason. I'm keeping track of stuff in a calendar so I can see if I can find patterns. What is it about wednesdays?

Sigh. It's noon and I haven't yet even cleaned up my studio table (today's chore).

Maybe I need to start listing the things I *do* accomplish instead of the things I plan but don't get to. Then I'd feel like I was getting somewhere, even if it wasn't the "where" I planned to get to....

5 comments :

  1. It must be in the air. I just blogged on a similar topic. You are very right. We need to look at what we do get finished and not what is still waiting our attention and be happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goblins come and steal your time. It's what happens in our house. Only knowing that's the problem is no good because then you spend your time hunting for the goblins in the nooks and crannies. (That's does not happen in our house and if it does I am not admiting the same).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I was a lot more organized when I was working. Then I had a lot less time to get things done so I didn't have the time to not get things done. Know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, isn't it? Putter, putter, putter, and where are we? I think your idea of a list, even if it's the wrong stuff, is smart. I might just steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of this going around - I don't know where my morning just went, and all the beautiful plans I had for it... Maybe we need to join the Do Less Revolution? http://www.magpie-girl.com/do-less/

    ReplyDelete