Thursday, May 14, 2009

Time to Cuddle



I had a good lesson in attitude adjustment yesterday. Here's yet another fact I'm learning about our new unschool world: I feel better and get more done if I'm more relaxed about my own agenda. I'm discovering that it's not terribly realistic to expect to oversee Miss C's daily lessons, while also doing laundry, cleaning the garage, making phone calls, upgrading software on the computer, grilling chicken, and trying to get a bit of legal work done.

Don't laugh. That really does describe yesterday morning.

So today is different. My to-do list looks a tad more realistic. And we've already remembered to do something that both Miss C and I enjoy -- we take a "cuddle break" in the middle of the morning. We snuggle on the couch, or lie on the bed, and cuddle and read together or look at a book, or just talk. It's lovely quiet connecting time.

Sure beats recess on the playground. I highly recommend taking a cuddle-break with whom-ever is around your house!

3 comments :

  1. that is among the best advice I've heard in a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, the photos you've been posting lately are drop-dead gorgeous!

    You might be interested in a book I just read that's really helped me, called Time Management from Within, I'll be writing a post about it in a few days on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have taken your advice and decided that Memorial Day is "Cuddle Day". I am doing some gardening early, then spending the afternoon on the wicker sofa on the porch with Sue Gee's Mystery of Glass.

    You are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete