Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bokeholic delight



One of the things that I love about photography is that it makes me see the world differently. Even when I don't have my camera with me, I find myself noticing lines and colors and things that would make a great picture.

I snapped this macro shot of a bottle brush bloom in my friend's backyard. I grew up in a neighborhood where lot of people had these in their yards, and I disliked them because they give off a sticky substance that I inevitably got in my hair when I ran and played under them. But they're amazing and interesting blooms, and I had a great time taking macro pictures of them.

I love bokeh. That blurry, spotty, glowy background? The photographic term is "bokeh." I'm a bokeh-holic.

3 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! And I learned a new word. I'm going to find out more about bokeh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Terry's words. What an interesting word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love bokeh -- lovely photos here. I thought I should leave my link below just in case you're wondering who the other Diane is leaving messages (because I don't have a Blogger blog :))
    www.dianeschuller.com/blog

    ReplyDelete