Friday, February 10, 2006

Let the Games Begin!

You may have noticed the new button on the right side of my blog, for the Knitting Olympics. The Yarn Harlot (aka famous knitter and author Stephanie McPhee) came up with the entertaining idea of having knitters start a project during the opening games of the winter Olympics with the goal of finishing it by the end of the closing ceremonies.

Cute, I thought. But just what I don't need is another project.

But then I happened upon Emily's blog entry about her Charlotte's Web shawl. She claims that it is easy.

Here it is, from the Koigu website. This is knitted with a hand-dyed, variegated merino wool, and you use 5 different skeins to get the color variation across the shawl.



Remember, Emily claimed it was easy. Next thing you know, I ordered a kit (all in reds!) as a birthday present to myself.

And then it occurred to me...I'm about to start it, and gee, it's the night of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.

So, let's see what I can do in 16 days. I will be casting on beginning in about 3 minutes.

Easy, huh?!

1 comment :

  1. I am going to check in on all the Dianes during the KOs - good luck with the shawl - so much of my knitting depends on economy so I will be really interested in seeing Koiju in the working stages -

    ReplyDelete