Saturday, December 12, 2009

Feeling Pinkish -- in a good way!



In case you haven't noticed, it's the twelfth day of the twelfth month, and to celebrate this momentous day, the twelve of us 12x12 collaborators have chosen today to reveal the first set of our new "Colorplay" challenges!

This theme was mine to choose, and knowing how many people avoid the color pink, I chose that for my challenge theme. All we were told was "Pink!" and with the usual cleverness, everyone went off in amazing and fun directions. Go over to the 12x12 blog and see everyone's responses!

I'm trying to break away from my usual literal/representational style, so I'm challenging myself to try to be more abstract in my responses. For this piece, I wanted to illustrate the gentle, soft, pleasing sense I get from the color pink. I've called it "Whimsy in Pink."

I can't wait to see what up is next...

2 comments :

  1. Diane, that is just stunning. The lines are elegant and whimsical at the same time. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just surfed in by way of Serendipity Patchwork. I very much enjoyed perusing your blog! Your pink 12x12 is fantastic, it drew me in. ;)

    ReplyDelete