Friday, July 09, 2010

Ready for the Fun


I've been continuing in my exploration of using photos in quilts, and this is the most recent in the series.  That photo is me, at maybe age  2 or 3, somewhere in there.  (Looks like it was taken right before a birthday party or some such event.)  I was experimenting with inkjet transfer and for some reason when I transferred a black and white photo onto a pale lavender fabric, got an image that was a lovely shade of blue.

The background fabric is one I painted ages and ages ago, and then I fused organza on and added stitching.  It was a very fun process.

I'm looking forward to playing more with inket transfers... looks like many wonderful effects can result.

2 comments :

  1. What a conincidental post.
    I mentioned last night that I am about as caught up as I am ever going to get cleaning and organizing my studio and now I am going to have some FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:02 PM

    I'm so glad I visited your blog, I am about to start a photo transfer quilt. I love your results - wonderful movement and color!

    ReplyDelete