Friday, February 17, 2012

It's a Fashion Accessory

The Pack Leader can't come to the blog right now.  She and that girl with the long hair went out (and the girl was wearing those muddy boots that smell like horses, yum!) and left me here with this stupid thing on my head.

It all started at Christmastime.  Even though I'm still youthful and active, my doctor told my mom that the reason I was limping from time to time was that active, athletic dogs like me can have arthritic changes starting in their knees.  I was doing fine, with the occasional special treat and rest on my comfy bed next to the fireplace.  But then at Christmas, my pack treated me to two nights at the doggie spa.  And THAT would have been fab, but for a mouthy, uncouth bully dog in an adjoining area.  He provoked me so that I had to tell him a thing or two, which involved a whole lot of barking and some jumping and lunging at the gates to scare him good.  Turns out that did in the ligament in my knee, so I had surgery to stabilize my knee last week.

I came home with this lovely blue wrapping (which beautifully matched my collar, I might add.).


It was kind of comfy, actually.  But once the vet took that wrapping off, boy, does my leg ITCH!  I can't wait to get at it for some serious nibbly scratching and licking.   So now I have this thing on my head. I'm not sure if I'll have to wear it forever, or what.  But dang, I can't reach my leg to give that incision a good clean-and-scratch.

 I heard the vet tell the Pack Leader about something she can slip into my treats to make me drowsy and relaxed.  All I know is that after I had the last treat, all I wanted to do was look at all these COLORs.  I can stand there all afternoon.  Psychedelic, dude.


I'm going to nap now.  And I'll be dreaming of racing around the backyard to get those irritating birds off of the lawn.

8 comments :

  1. Is there a photo to go with this? Sending you healing hugs, Gemma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny. I started reading and thought Miss C. was writing, then I got to the part about a "stupid thing" on her head and my mind was doing back flips trying to guess what that might be! I guess I had forgotten that your dog could also type. Hope she gets the stupid thing off her head and her knee is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that too Terry. Hope Gemma gets her stupid thing off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get better soon Gemma! in the meantime, maybe all those pretty colors can distract you from the itchy leg. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny Dog! Love the picture of him staring at the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I shouldn't laugh at the poor thang, but that last picture....I wouldn't mind having a few of those funny pills thrown in with my treats, or wearing a collar that prevents me from doing anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still laughing - poor GOOD dog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Love this...although I feel for the poor doggy. At least she has such beautiful things to look at. :)

    ReplyDelete