Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The endless allure of art and craft supplies





I came upon this video by Linda recently, and it made me laugh.  Anyone who makes art or craft items knows how wonderful the world of art supplies is ... and the enticing allure of "if I just had the right item, I could do amazing things."

But how quickly the attraction of "the stuff" can take over the attracting of actually MAKING things!  And what really made me relate and laugh was the phenomenon of watching Youtube for instructions and demos and inspiration, only to come away with a whole list of "must have" items.
Oy.

I know this is true for quilt artists, even if the supplies themselves are different.  So even if you're not into scrapbooking or paper crafting, watch this.  Linda really nails that "I think I NEED that" problem!

3 comments :

  1. Oh my, Linda is hilarious, and she speaks the truth!!! Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I am the same way!

    ReplyDelete