Thursday, January 31, 2008

Chocolate is now served...



Pop on over to the Twelve by 12 blog to see our second round of challenge quilts! Our reveal date is officially Feb. 1, but as it's already Feb. 1 in Australia where Brenda is, she posted hers and gradually all 12 will appear. Francoise chose this theme, "chocolate." Seemed like it should have been easy, but most of us have agreed that we had so many ideas that it was actually hard to choose one and go forward.

This is my contribution, which I call "Still Life Without Chocolate" ... because chocolate just doesn't last that long in our house.

I created the silver wrapper by using some soft silver metallic fabric I had from a time when I tried to make a princess bower for Caroline in her room, before she left the Princess phase and entered the Horse phase. I fused it on, then stitched to create "wrinkle" lines, then shaded with Caran D'ache neocolor crayons and painted the gold folded edges with Lumiere paint.

As always, it is so fun to see what the others have done on this theme! I can't wait to see them all!

2 comments :

  1. Diane, the picture is not showing here, at least not on my pc. But I went to the 12X12 blog, and your quilts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has Caroline heard of Zara Phillips? - its possible to be a Princess and a showjumper! ( or dressage or something. Horsey anyway!)

    ReplyDelete