Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Yesterday I enjoyed a visit with my newly-formed art quilt minigroup. We met at Pat's house, and had a lovely time playing show-and-tell, swapping books and enjoying general chatter. We keep the pressure low by brown-bagging lunch, so one has to sweat any big lunch preparation. It's very enjoyable.

Here is Ann, showing her latest quilt. She made this quilt in response to an assignment to work with "bold" as a theme. Isn't this fabulous?



I'm not sure if you can tell, but Ann used oval templates to quilt different sized ovals all over this. The curvy quilting lines really compliment this design beautifully, I think. As always, I am so impressed by Ann's fabulous fabric choices.

It was especially nice to sit down with Ann, Pat, and Cathy and talk quilts and art. I've been so scattered with work and house-repair and shopping for carpet to replace our glass-filled one. And now that my car is almost repaired (I get it back tomorrow after the body work repairs and detailing), I'm shopping for a new one. Somehow, this vandalism thing feels like the ultimate in bad car-ma and it's time to replace it (and it was time before this happened, anyway).

Tomorrow, test driving.

1 comment :

  1. Oh, wow! that is a gorgeous quilt - I think the fabric is a key element.

    ReplyDelete