Monday, January 28, 2008

January in California



This is the view from my bedroom window. I look out every morning, loving the hills in the distance and the way the fog and mist rolls over them so softly. And yes, that's SNOW. Just below the snow, you can see a field of grapevines, complete with the tinge of mustard weed beginning to bloom yellow. And the daffodils have sprouted in the backyard already. Is it spring? winter? How handy, to have a bit of each right now.

I have been hunkered down inside, staying warm and getting a big work project done and catching up on home chores and preparing for C's 12th birthday tomorrow.

And I finished my 12 x 12 challenge quilt finally. Check out the 12x12 blog for the big reveal on February 1!

4 comments :

  1. What a beautiful view! It would be impossible to wake up cranky with that view to greet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss those views and the grapevines. We are seeing daffodils sprouting. I hope to finish my 12X12 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! This is the California I love. (so much that I cannot write anymore, and had to delete my previous comment... Hope I didn't make a mistake in this one!)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete