Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ever notes, ever more

It's amazing what you can learn from reading blogs.

Most recently, I was reading through my list of favorite blogs, and someone mentioned a free software application they have used to collect knitting or stitching patterns they've found online, called Evernote.  Since I'm always finding things online and (despite the endless list of bookmarks I have) losing them again, I figured this  could come in handy.  So I downloaded it and have been giving it a try.

Oh my, it is quite wonderful.  Basically, it allows you to capture a web page or image or make a note, and then tag your captures and organize them.  So later when you're looking for that GREAT THING you found a few days ago, or was it weeks ago, you'll have the ability to retrieve it.

When the program installs, it allows you to put a button on your web browser menu bar, so when you're actually at a webpage and want to save something, you just click the button.  It asks you to tag it, and voila.

I'm quite pleased.  Perhaps in the future I'll be able to find whatever it was I cut fabric for.  (And I'm giving up on the mysterious quilt I cut those 2 1/2 and 4 inch strips for.  I think I found what it was, maybe, and I'm not crazy about it now.  So, those strips will go right into a different project (which I wrote down and pinned to the strips themselves. Just in case.)

I'm not related to Evernote at all.  But I'm a happy new user.  You might want to check it out.

2 comments :

  1. Funny, I downloaded Evernote last year, used it for a week or two and then went back to my old ways. Doing all the tagging and organising along the way didn't work for me but I was distracted at the time. Your post reminds me I should give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This! This is what I've needed ever since the internet was invented. Thank you, thank you.
    I've already started using it.

    ReplyDelete