Friday, February 11, 2011

Help! I've cut strips and I can't get up!

Okay, this is driving me crazy.

About a year ago, I cut fabric for a particular project.  And while I was cutting, I cut strips for a second project out of those same fabrics.  I now have a lovely box of 2 1/2" and 4" strips.  For a particular purpose ... WHICH I CANNOT REMEMBER.

I have been through my binders of patterns, looking for anything that would have caused me to choose those strip cuts.  I have looked through my Kaffe Fassett books, knowing I always love making those quilts and maybe my strip cutting was aimed at one of those.  I've hunted around the internet, looking for strip quilts that might have appealed to me at some point.

I can't find anything that jogs the least tiny corner of a memory.  And the really annoying thing is that as soon as I give up the search and decide to do something else with them, I'll come across the original thing and know that THAT was what I wanted to do and I'll wish I'd waited.

Sigh.

So I'm appealing to you, quilting friends..  Do you happen to know of some quilt that requires 2 1/2 inch and 4 inch strips?  What the HECK was I thinking?

4 comments :

  1. Bring them to the Ranch, maybe someone will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Melody 33 design uses 33 2/12in strips - half darks and half lighter values. Shall I send you the pattern?

    And if you're willing to cut the 4in strips into 2in strips, see my Autumn Leaf Flurry and Synchronicity designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew a few together and see if the pattern surfaces. Or just enjoy making something! Too much stress and you won't sew straight lines.

    ReplyDelete