Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Agony of Defeat



Sometimes, life -- or a hockey stick, or a knitting needle -- hits you in the face.

I'm not going to meet my Knitting Olympics goal of finishing my Charlotte's Web shawl before the end of tonight's opening ceremonies. But that's okay. I'm just honored to have been on the team. And to have participated in these glorious ceremonies for the achievement of knitters worldwide.

I'm about 2/3 done with the shawl. It looks like a balled up mess, at this point, but I'm promised that it will be stunning when it's all blocked.

Today, I head down to my parents' house for a visit with them before we attend the funeral of a dear family friend tomorrow. So, I'll be quietly knitting tonight and thinking with admiration of all of the knitters who have gathered together in this valiant effort.

And I'm gonna start training for Vancouver right away.

No comments :

Post a Comment