Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Day After

Thank you, thank you, thank you-- to all of you who sent lovely cheery birthday wishes to me. It was really fun to hear from you and I appreciate your happy wishes very much.

I had a great day.



How could you not with this smiley kid hanging around ready to grant my every birthday wish?!

These lovely tulips -- my favorite -- arrived from my mom and dad. This struck me as especially cool, as I had written "I like tulips better than roses" for my list of 49 things and then didn't include that one. But I do.

Look at these fun goodies that I received from friends who know my color taste well!



Roger surprised me with this umbrella, which I had noticed and admired for its bright whimsy when we went to see Cirque du Soleil in December.



And the other special present I get to choose myself: a flatbed scanner! I've not had a scanner for the last few years, and Roger knows that I've been wanting one. (It's a bit of an etch-a-sketch for him, too, as I suspect he'll find it handy as well.)

And of course, there was celebrating with cake, which Gemma enjoyed too!



Thanks again, everyone!

2 comments :

  1. Diane
    I too am a great fan of tulips. I put some of my favourites into a quilt "Tulipa Exotica" that you can see at:
    http://www.serendipitypatchwork.com.au/contemporaryquilts/tulipaexotica/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Jen

    ReplyDelete