Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Generate your Palette

You'd think that I just sit here at the computer and fiddle around all day, wouldn't you? Really, I *do* actually get stuff done.

Here's something I stumbled onto that I suspect I will use for art purposes: an instant way to generate a color palette from a photograph using the Palette Generator at bighugelabs.com.

When you open the Palette Generator, you're asked to upload a photograph -- from your computer or from Flickr. You click, and presto: you're presented with the colors in your photo, identified by the screen color codes.

You want to see how it works? I started with this picture, which I took the other day in my neighbor's backyard. They have the most gorgeous wisteria vine climbing over their arbor.



Here's the screen capture of the Palette Generator:


Well, sure, you could do this by eye. But this is so fun! And fast!

And once you start poking around bighugelabs.com, you'll find all sorts of fun things to do with your photos.

Go, play!

5 comments :

  1. Looks like a lot of fun and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gonna take up some of my time for certain! Thanks for the link! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love reading your blog. You pics are soooooo wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. o what a great toy, found you via Twolimeleaves:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:34 AM

    It says on the web site that the files are in a format compatible with Photoshop but my Photoshop (CS3) will not open it. What did you use??

    teri

    ReplyDelete