Saturday, April 12, 2008

Time for Fun



Yes! Yes! I've been sewing! I dusted off the Bernina and got my challenge quilt done for the Bishop's Ranch retreat that starts tomorrow ... Sorry, can't show you yet so I don't spoil the surprise for my retreat buddies! But I'll post pictures as soon as we have our challenge reveal.

I'm SO looking forward to the retreat. It's going to be a crazy week, as I will have to come and go to accomodate various appointments that can't be rescheduled. Luckily, it's right here in town so I can zip back and forth without too much hassle. And I'll still get lots of socializing and sewing in.

Meanwhile, I will leave you with a few photos I took this weekend. It's fun prowling around finding things to shoot. (That one up top is a close-up of the electricity meter on the side of the house.)
A pansy from my sister's yard -- aren't those ruffles elegant?
And I fiddled with macro settings to get this teeny, tiny, baby fuschia bud.

3 comments :

  1. Lovely photos, I like the first flower, what a beautiful color!
    Kind regards

    Sonnja
    Beertje Zonn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics! I definitely need a new camera! LOL

    ReplyDelete