Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Getting in Touch with Your Inner Fabricholic

When I've seen my friend Rita lately, she's had a calm and happy smile on her face. Wondering why she looked like the proverbial cat who ate the canary, I asked what's she's been up to.

"I've been getting in touch with my fabric," she replied, grinning.

Rita explained. She's got several workshops coming up: a trip to Art Quilt Tahoe in late fall, and our fall retreat at Bishop's Ranch in October. In preparation for them, and before she headed out to shop for the materials on her supply lists, she decided to take stock with what she had in her stash. She's been sorting and stroking fabric. She was having such fun fondling her fabric that she decided to wash and iron it all so she could stroke it and gaze at it some more.

"I love what I have!" she announced, happily. "I've found stuff I forgot I had, and I still really love it!"

So, she hasn't sewn a stitch, or designed any new projects, or fused any fabulous quilt tops. But she's having a marvelous time.

Gee, I wonder what's in MY closet? And can I get Rita to come over and iron it?!

1 comment :

  1. What a great idea! Instead of going out to buy more more more, figure out what you already have. I think I have a room full of mysterious purchases at this point. Perhaps a fabric database is in order? That would take a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete