Monday, April 16, 2007

I'm thinking...



Some months ago, The Thinking Blog named 5 blogs that made him think...and challenged those 5 bloggers to identify 5 bloggers who made them think. Well, today I got tagged by Gerrie as one of the 5 blogs that make her think...and for that I'm quite honored!

Now it's my turn to nominate 5 blogs that make me think. When I think about "thinking" blogs (you can see there's a whole lot of thinking going on here) what come to mind are not so much the blogs that are filled with gorgeous pictures, but the blogs with content I love to read. So, here they are:

Crazy Aunt Purl. Laurie's a wonderful, funny, warm, witty woman exploring life as a newly-single divorcee in a Southern California suburb. Her blog covers the territory of her life: her workplace and her awkwardness with the people there, her cats, her neighbors, and knitting. Lots of knitting. She makes me laugh, and she makes me want to hang around with her to knit and giggle. Oh, and she makes me think about things differently.

Faster than Kudzu Joshilyn Jackson knows how to write. There's no question. And through her blog Joss shows how she crafts her amazing novels, raises two adorable kids, struggles to keep her mental illness quotient down when her husband is out of town, and negotiates borderline hostilities between Bagel, a dog whose abiltity to clean up the grossest of messes had me laughing harder than I've ever laughed at a blog entry ever, and her grumpy cat. I'm charmed and fascinated and amused by this blog, and always in awe of Joss's talent.

Kristin La Flamme I love Kristin's blog. I love her art, and I'm always excited to see what she's working on and what amazing process she's using. I'm fascinated by her life raising her family in Germany and exploring European life and culture.

Althouse Ann Althouse is a professor at the University of Wisconsin law school who blogs about legal issues, politics, celebrity, culture, and everything else. She's concise and smart and she makes me think with a capital T.

Pink Sneakers N'at Sarah Louise (which is not her real name but sounds so friendly and charming) is a librarian blogging about "life outside the stacks." Her blog topics are eclectic but always interesting and well written. She likes books, and I love following her links.

Go...read...THINK!

No comments :

Post a Comment