Friday, June 23, 2006

It's the LAW.

So, here's what was on my computer screen for about 5 hours today:



Yep, video images of lawyers talking about federal and state court procedure, discovery, and evidence.

Gripping. Fascinating. You have no idea how fun it is to sit in a hotel conference room full of lawyers and listen to this sort of talk all day long.

So, while Jack (pictured above) and others yakked on and on with interesting legal updates on these various litigation topics (which were, actually, pretty interesting and in fact relevant to my work), here is what I really saw:



This is the view of my computer screen from my sewing machine. I listened and sewed and ironed and hopped up now and again to hit the "continue" button.

And look what I accomplished:



My fruit quilt top is assembled! I have 1.5 hours more of CLE to finish to complete my annual requirements, which I have ready to listen to on my Ipod. I think I'll listen while assembling the quilt sandwich and pin basting.

I don't know why I adore these fruit and veggie fabrics so much, but I seem to be obsessed. I have much more left over and will move on to the next one soon. I know, it 's not exactly ART or anything, but it is making me very happy to work on this.

And that's what counts, in my book.

12 comments :

  1. Anonymous8:51 PM

    It looks so fresh! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The quilt... not the boring legal stuff obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what counts! I love how the top turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo Diane! I wish I could have multi-tasked like this when I had to do CLE. So much more productive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane you really got a run on while that legal stuff was churning away on the screen! Interesting combo. That fabric is just leaping off the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one great quilt! I love those fabrics too, but haven't known what to do with them so far, but this quilt has really inspired me, so I might do something in a similar vein - not a copy, mind you, but here I was thinking big squares - boring! Your quilt has made me realize that there is so much more you can do with those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such the multi-tasker! Love the fruity quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is so cheerful! I love the colors. I'm impressed with your multi-tasking. I think I will start hunting for a tv for my sewing room, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:07 PM

    Diane, I did the same thing for CLE this year, though I was knitting at the time, in front of the fire.

    How much better than those deadly day long lectures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luscious fabric, I love the quilt too. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! Law as sewing background "music"!

    ReplyDelete