Friday, June 09, 2006

You can't have too many fruits and vegetables



At the quilt show last weekend, I stumbled onto the Kyle's Marketplace collection of fruit and vegetable fabrics at a booth, and I just could resist getting a bunch. Color! Texture! Pattern!

So, yesterday, while I listened to my CLE program (and dutifully pressed the "continue" button every 20 minutes or so, which they make you do to ensure you are actually there and paying attention), I cut pieces and ended up with this on the design wall:



It is totally simple but I am loving the blend of colors and patterns. My working title, commemorating the fun of working on it while getting CLE credits, is "Eat your fruit and vegetables: it's the law!"

10 comments :

  1. Oooh, I really like the WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Yummy, I like it too! I'm finding, more and more, that the quilts that speak to me are the simple, graphic ones. This fits the bill. Great job letting the fabrics do the talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this!! Wouldn't it be a great "kitchen" quilt? especially for all our vegan friends??

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it - the simplest designs in stunning fabrics say it all

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a large blank wall in my kitchen - the perfect place!! You know I will never do anything this pointed - but love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a large blank wall in my kitchen - the perfect place!! You know I will never do anything this pointed - but love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This veggie quilt is great. It makes me want to play with color. Your blog is great fun. If I could only accomplish half of what you get done. . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is really great!

    ReplyDelete