Friday, August 10, 2007

Hiding those Knots

I've mentioned before that I'm trying various things to improve my starts and stops during machine quilting. It's not that I *can't* do it ... it's that I'm impatient and always looking for and easier way!

But I recently discovered a few visual aids that demonstrate the methods award-winning quilt artist Sharon Schamber uses:

Tying and Hiding the Knots

Tying and Hiding the Knots 2

Tying and Hiding the Knots 3 -- When the bobbin thread runs out

Tying and Hiding the Knots 4

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous11:11 AM

    Thanks for the links! I've always wondered exactly what to do when i run out of bobbin thread. Those tweezers are what I'm missing for tying a knot with such a short thread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Diane for those links. I watched them all. Those tips are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:49 AM

    I am going to watch these when I have time because, like you, I am so impatient about this. I think in a bed quilt that this is very important. But I am not sure that we should be so concerned about the back of a piece of art so I really like the automatic cutter, knotter thing on my Janome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerrie, for me it's not so much about the back...it's about making the changing points invisible on the front!

    ReplyDelete