Thursday, July 05, 2007

Summer sipper



We have a new summer drink around here ... the Rose' Margarita.

Our neighbors served these at our July 4th block party, and what a hit they were. Light, refreshing, and of course PINK. No wonder I love them.

Here's how you make them--

Bottle of good dry rose' wine (750 ml, which is a typical wine bottle full) (We used Tin Roof Rose yesterday; today we used Coppola's Sofia Rose)
Same amount of margarita mix
1 can 7 up

Mix together and serve over lots of ice in big balloon wine glasses. Totally refreshing!

Guess what we had tonight with our hawaiian turkey burgers?!

6 comments :

  1. Sounds absolutely delish...but totally alien, as it's been hovering near freezing all day here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drink does sound good, Diane. I think I'll give it a try. This weekend, if my girlfriend wants to try it too. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Michele sent me over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that just looks like summer! and it sounds good, but margarita mix?? alien to me. as alien as summer, I'm freezing while the southerly wind batters me, straight from Antarctica to my front door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Diane, Michelle sent me.
    What beautiful work you do! I think I'll just make one of these drinks and sit here for a while admiring your quilts.

    Ooops-
    no margarita mix-
    well then I'll just sit here with the bottle of wine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW DO YOU GET THE LIMES TO BE PINK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was simply awesome & refreshing! I used Chateau Morrisette Blushing Dog (local winery here in VA) and I have found a new summer favorite.

    ReplyDelete