Friday, January 06, 2006

Is it naptime, yet?

Today, I'd planned to take down the Christmas tree and put away all the holiday decorations. It's an unpleasant job, but it needs to be done.

However, the day got away from me. I worked in Caroline's classroom, helping the kids with acting out their Native American legend plays. And I went from there to my sister's house to water her plants while she is out of town.

Once there, I succumbed to the patch of sunlight on her couch and I sat to finish the novel I've been reading. My book club's book this month is The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollingsworth...An odd but gorgeously written tale of British high society and life on the fringe of it. I was about 20 pages away from the end, and the peace of her silent house and the desire to finish the book was just too tempting!

From there, I returned to finishing my errands...returning books to the library, getting groceries, that sort of thing...By then, it was time to get Caroline from school and head home.

So, who can start a huge task like taking down the Christmas tree at 3 in the afternoon? Not I, said the mouse.

Clearly, the only option was to play fetch with the dog for a bit, and after that grueling activity, to lie down for a brief nap.

Next thing you know, it was time for family friday movie night, which consisted of pizza in front of The Polar Express.

Some days are just too strenuous for words. Yawn.

There's always tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment