Monday, December 27, 2004

Animal, vegetable, mineral?

My mom has turned us on to a new, strange obsession...it's a little handheld electronic game called "20Q." She gave one to my brother, my sister and I, and although the little blue thing looks harmless enough, we sat and fiddled with it for the longest time on Christmas night, and the day after.

It's basically a game of 20 Questions, but the game asks YOU the questions. And darned if the thing doesn't get the answer about 80% of the time! There's a free, online version of this game at 20Q.net

I've tried the oddest things: a potato chip, a seam ripper, a giraffe, a stethoscope...Caroline even did "air" and the thing got it! It's fascinating, to think about how items can be systematically eliminated based on answers to questions. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!

No comments :

Post a Comment